+44 01670 787263
William Bertram ll, the grandson of William Bertram l who founded Brinkburn Priory, gave the church of Felton “to Almighty God, St Peter, and the Canons of Brinkburn” shortly before his death in AD 1199. Whilst the structure of the church is chiefly of two dates, this indicates that an established church had been on this site many years before this date. The church consists of a nave, north and south aisles, and a south porch. The earlier work is to be seen at the entrance, the chancel (rebuilt in 19c) and the nave, the latter having originally been without aisles. The aisles were added in the 14th century. Points to note: The entrance arch. The rose window of the Lady Chapel, worked in a single piece of stone measuring 6’ 6” by 4’ 0”, probably inserted in AD 1331. The 14th century headless effigy of a priest on the floor in the Lady Chapel.
Open all year daily from 9am to 4pm.
Hover your cursor over the symbol see the facility name or view the key to facility symbols.